Re: [IRCA] Gary Owens, radio and 'Laugh-In' announcer, dies at 80

Stan Chambers started with KTLA in 1947. KTLA did a couple specials on his life. I recorded both. I first watched the old crew on Stan Chambers, Larry McCormick, and Hal Fishman (anchor) back in the 70s, when Bob and I went to LA. We interviewed a lot of old celebrities. Then 1985 when I got my big dish, KTLA ran a feed of their 10 PM News nightly. Then in 1986 we got the first Super Station package which included KTLA. I still have the Super Station pack on Dish today. A new crew now, but the news dept is named after Hal Fishman who died of cancer in 2007. He was there for 30+ years.  Also one of the KTLA buildings is also named after Stan Chambers. I miss their news a lot. I have a lot on tape and DVD too.

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager