 To: "irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "am@xxxxxxxxxxx" <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "mwdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mwdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:12 PM
 Subject: [IRCA] Headphones

I'm looking for a new set of headphones to replace older ones that have fallen apart. My older ones cost around $100 a few years ago and were noise-cancelling. Not the most comfortable on the ears, but tolerable. Checking at The Source, Canada's version of Radio Shack, I was I was shocked at the plethora of headphones available, and the price - all over $300 (with noise cancellation).
At that price I can live without noise cancellation! But I am floored by the sheer variety available at The Source, and also at big-box chains like Best Buy and Future Shop.
Anyone have any favourites for DXing? I'm looking to spend $150 or less - optimally $50-$100 - and am looking primarily for comfort. Some pairs I've tried squish the ears. Noise cancellation would be a plus. There are times when I don't want outside distractions.
Any recommendations?
Saul Chernos
Burnt River ON

 ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ Â ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ Â