Re: [IRCA] RadioShack is gearing up to sell or shutter its stores, report says

Locally, since the prior round of shutdowns several years ago, there are 7
stores within about 10 miles of me here. Of these, 3 are selling off,
shipping out and will close imminently. Two others, in large ( expensive
rent ) malls will temporarily serve as "clearance stores" disposing of the
merchandise from the closed store, plus their own. The other tow, smaller
stores in out-of-the-way strip malls, and having the lowest rent will stay
'as-is' for the immediate future. I took advantage of 50% off in two stores
to round out my own supply cabinet, and will also keep an eye on one of the
clearance stores in hopes of bargains on a wider array of stuff.

It's unfortunate that mismanagement, misreading the trends and maintaining
too many stores ( a common afflictions ) will leave me without a 'go-to'
locally for something I need quickly and will instead have to deal with on
line and the resulting shipping delay.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NW Phila
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>

AM: Modified Sony ICF2010's (2) barefoot w/whip
FM: Yamaha T-80 & T-85, each w/ Conrad RDS Decoder;
Onkyo T-450RDS; Tecsun PL-310 ( 2);
modified Sony ICF2010 w/APS9B @ 15';
Grundig G8 w/whip; modified Sony ICF2010 w/whip