[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 29 January 2015

Another day with the upper band having all the action. Having said that, I did have carriers right from 531 on up, so the lower bnad was not totally dead. The only low band station near audio though was Japan on 594. Today's audio:

1422	JORF, Japan	poor, with man in Japanese at 1441

1503	unID	Traces of audio at 1441

1566 HLAZ, Korea Noted with a good signal at 1330 when I first checked, but then faded, almost to nothing, before coming back up nearer to sunrise. Back to good level by 1439. Easily the best signal today.

1575 VOA, Thailand Noted with talk by man at 1440. Mostly poor, up to fair at times.

1593 unID Man speaking at 1439, not quite strong enough to be sure if it was Japan or China.

1557 was very close to audio, with other decent carriers noted on 1386 and 1377, along with a slew of weaker ones.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta