[IRCA] DXpedition to Masset, BC 17 - 25 January 2015 Part 3

TAIWAN 738, 1709-, BEL2  Yuye Guangbo Diantai (Taiwan Area Fishery BC
Station) Jan 21 Presumably them over and under KBS1 HLKG in Gyeongsan.
Sometimes one dominates, then fades to allow the other to dominate.  Both
good to very good.  Both at 100 kW.  I won't swear, though, that the
Chinese station is not one of the Mainland Chinese stations.
(Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

CHINA 756, 1718-, CNR 1 Jan 21 Plenty of CNR 1 transmitters here.   Took me
a while, since the dominant station kept switching, between CNR 1 (// to
1593 and 6030), and KBS 1 (// to 711).   HLKA Yeoju is the KBS 1 station
with 100 kW listed, and 1 to 100 kW listed for CNR 1. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

UNID 774, 1723-, unid Jan 21 Very nice reception with an American vocal.
Obviously not JOUB, as they signed off almost 2 hours ago.  Faded down at
the end of the song.  There are a number of Filipino stations listed, so
I'll need to review the Perseus wav files for an ID.   Splatter 1 kHz above
from KNOM, Nome pounding in.  Of course, this could also be Australia, but
no sign of DU activity, so I don't think this is the case.
(Salmaniw,Masset, BC)  addendum:  Tony Magon from Australia confirms this
to be DWWW, from Quezon City.  Thanks, Tony!

JAPAN 945, 1737-, JOIQ Jan 21 Most likely the 5 kW station from Muroran on
Hokkaido, although also 3 others listed between 1 and 3 kW.  Good reception
except for 930 KTKN splatter from 930.  They easily splash 15 to 20 kHz on
each side!. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

RUSSIA 810, 1506-, Radio Rossii Jan 22 Another very good TP morning.
Russia totally dominates the frequency.  News, then sports at 15:07 and
national weather at 15:09.  At 15:10, I'm noting a Chinese station starting
to dominate.  Fun to watch how propagation operates!  By 15:12:30, Rossii
is dominant again. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

AUSTRALIA 1656, 1519-, Voice of the Australian Chinese Jan 22 Presumed
logging.  First time I'm hearing any audio on the X-band this trip to
Masset.  Quite good at 15:21 with EZL Chinese vocal.  Fades down to barely
audible, though, as well.  1611 is also relatively strong, but clearly a
lot of stations there, and just hearing SAH.   Measuring many between
1610.981 and 1611.017. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

JAPAN 1602, 1526-, NHK 2 Jan 22 Best reception so far of this frequency
with a whole network of flea-powered stations between 0.1 and 1 kW for a
total of 28 transmitters.  Splatter from the Vancouver Indian station on
1600. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

JAPAN 1593, 1530-, NHK 2 Jan 22 Fighting it out with CNR 1, but both quite
strong.  Either JOTB in Matsue, or JOQB in Nigata, both listed with 10 kW.
Just missed the sign-off at 15:40 when rechecked, but they dominated the
channel, so should be able to hear the sign-off IDs, hopefully from both
transmitters.  Besides them, and CNR1, there's another station playing
music weakly.  Not sure who that might be.  Suspect either another Chinese
station, or perhaps a Filipino. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

RUSSIA 576, 1540-, Radio Rossii Jan 22 Didn't notice this yesterday, but
significant transmitter hum this morning.  Otherwise in the clear at good
level. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

JAPAN 1663.5, 1550-, Japanese Harbor Radio Jan 22 PAL lists a number of
coastal weather stations.  I've rarely heard these.  They are listed on
1665, but this is not correct.  They are transmitting in USB + Carrier and
I measure them on 1663.499.  The 2 that have power listed are both only 50
watts!  The only one listed to have a weather transmission at :45 is Isewan
Martis in Tahara, Aichi.  I'll listen to the top of the hour for others.  I
had a chance to review some mp3 files for these transmissions.  Instead of
:45 as listed in PAL, they in fact came on at :40 with multiple sites, so
it's impossible to tell for certain which stations without being a fluent
Japanese speaker.  They kept going until the end of this mp3 file pas :48
minutes.  Earlier, I could only hear a single station before :30, and
continuing until :36 (with Sayonara). (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

JAPAN 1663.5, 1601-, Nagoya Harbor Radar and Tokyo Martis Jan 22 I'm
hearing both at the TOH.  Gave weak CW ID, and then into voice forecast.
Sound like the same Japanese female computer generated voice.  Weaker than
the 15:45 transmission, but much stronger by 16:03.  Interesting indeed!
(See 1669). (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

JAPAN 1669, 1606-, Coastal weather stations Jan 22 A much more challenging
frequency due to the X-bander on 1670.  Brief Japanese weather reports
noted.  Listed as Toi, Miyakazi prefecture at 6:30 to 8:30 minutes, but
actually finished by 8:00.  Listed as 50 Watts.  The format is identical.
Something is repeated 3 times.  Sounds like 'Hopte, Hopte, Hopte' and then
the location.  Some are quite strong. For instance, Hachijo-jima, Izo
Islands is strongly heard, coming on exactly at 19:50to 20:50.  Ends with
location and Sayonara. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)  Hereâs a link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xolbu6p1xjce6v5/Japan%201669%20Todoga%20saki%20Iwate%2016h28m10s%2050w%20wx%20forecast%2022Jan2015%20Masset.mp3?dl=0

NORWAY 153, 0201-, NRK Jan 23 First time I've had a decent Euro opening,
using my due north Beverage of about 550' extending and terminating into
the ocean.  My other 2 antennae are noisy in the LW region (NW BOG and ALA
100 oriented NE/SW).  Easily followed, so I'd rate this an 8/10.  Into
music at 02:03:30. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

FRANCE 162, 0204-, France Inter Jan 23 Poor to fair reception in obvious
French. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

GERMANY 183, 0205-, Europe 1 Jan 23 Poor to fair reception with French
talk. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

ICELAND 189, 0206-, Rikisutvarpid Ras Jan 23 Probably the best of the
bunch.   Good level with Icelandic talk. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

GREAT BRITAIN 198, 0146-, BBC Radio 4 Jan 23 Almost good reception with
talk format. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

RUSSIA 531, 1500-, Avtoradio Jan 23 Excellent reception with nice ID for
Avtoradio, and TC for 18:00 in Moscow, and into news in Russian.  No sign
of NHK1 at all until 15:03.  Suspect this is simply a network feed.
Nothing local at this time.  Back into music after an ad at 15:04:30.
(Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

RUSSIA 576, 1508-, Radio Rossii Jan 23 Excellent reception this morning
again with news, then weather, with Khabarovsk first, followed by
Sevastopol.  Nothing local afterwards and into a program about a 1969
sports story.  Best ever heard!. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

AUSTRALIA 1656, 1520-, 2MM Jan 23 This morning, I'm not hearing Chinese but
rather likely Greek (although for a time, I thought I was hearing
Russian!).  Quite good at times, but with deep fades.   Best heard by far
this week!  Only about 3 Hz on the high side. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

AUSTRALIA 1629, 1523-, multiple carriers Jan 23 I noticed the spread of
1629 on the waterfall, so I zoomed in to see what transmitters were
present.  I could see no less than 8 lines on the waterfall as follows:
1628.925, 1628.932, 1628.986, 1629.001, 1629.007, 1629.018, 1629.030, and
1629.039!  Off course with such a spread, and all quite similar in
strength, I could hear no audio. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

CHINA 1566, 1729-, Hubei RGD Jan 23 Almost certainly Hubei RGD with Chinese
talk between a man and woman.  Not at all the style of HLAZ.  Off suddenly
at 17:30 which matches PAL.  Measured on 1566.031, which also matches.  I
see two other weaker traces:  1566.000 which left the air at 17:30, but was
back by 17:33, and 1566.003 which remained on across the BOH.
(Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

ALASKA 800, 1501-, KINY Jan 24 Announcing that soon they'll be heard on
FM.  The important part of the statement is that they said that they'd
'also' be heard on FM, so hopefully it won't mean the AM transmitter being
turned off. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)

AUSTRALIA 1548, 1511-, ABC Central Queensland Jan 24 First time hearing DU
stations on this trip to Masset.  Very good reception.   At same time, 1116
4BC Brisbane is also weakly heard. (Salmaniw,Masset, BC)