[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 25 January 2015

A bit of an unusual morning here. First evidence at all of China in 2015, first of all with a decent carrier from the off-freq station on 1206, and later audio from CNR1 on 1593. The Japanese 'big guns' weren't doing much, yet JOFR and JOUF were in, stations I usually only hear under the best of conditions. Lots of carriers, and actually I'd anticipated more glowing reports from the west coast, though Gary's seemed to reflect close to what I anticipated.

693 JOAB, Japan Bits of audio at 1440, then not much until it reached weak audio at 1454.

774	JOUB, Japan	Traces of Japanese talk now and again from 1446 to 1454.

828 JOBB, Japan The first of the Japanese to reach audio, with talk by man at 1436.

1278 JOFR,Japan Bits of audio at 1442, up to fair at times around 1448.

1314 JOUF, Japan Poor (with the odd spike to fair), with woman in Japanese. Sounded like a drama of some kind. First noted at 1444.

1386 NHK2 synchros, Japan Poor, with man and woman speaking in Japanese at 1443.

1422 JORF, Japan Managed about a minute of audio at 1443, with man speaking in Japanese, then faded away before coming back at 1452 for several minutes.

1548 4QD, Australia Presumed the one with man speaking. Too weak in the splatter to be certain, but the cadence sounded English.

1566 HLAZ, Korea First reached audio at about 1433 with man talking. Mostly poor-fair, but got about a 5 minute boost at 1450.

1575 VOA, Thailand Not particularly good today, fair audio at best at 1446.

1593 CNR1, China Poor, with peaks to fair, with man and woman in Chinese. First China log of 2015.

Strong carriers on 594,603,639,738,891,1089,1206, 1287,1323,1377,1413,1494,1503

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta