[IRCA] The future of the radio hobby...

I seemed to knock it out of the park with the Radio Shack discussion --
or hit a great big nerve...

so let's try a follow-up with this link that was sent to me:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1703258614/psdr-pocket-hf-sdr-transceiver-with-vna-and-gps

For the record, I am not a fan of kickstarter campaigns nor am I a
supporter. We see these
things constantly -- from hair brain inventions to restaurant / cafe
start-ups.
Truth be told (and I never thought I would hear myself say this...)
but back when I was young... we would actually raise our own money when it
came to developing an idea.

That said, this particularly project (that I am not supporting financially)
shows us how far technology
has come with putting the radio hobby into all hands of everyone and
raising the excitement level...

Kind of like Gary Debock and Guy Atkins with the ULR movement.

Fact is: The SW spectrum may be bereft of hope - but medium wave is alive
and well and likely will
be into the future.

--

*Colin Newell is the Editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> - Coffee.bc.ca <http://Coffee.bc.ca> and