Re: [IRCA] Radio shack to file for bankruptcy

I doubt that their old paradigm is workable today. Just as the number of
radio hobbyists - hams, DX'ers, SWL's - is shrinking,
so is the pool of electronics DIY'ers. A lot of the DIY market implosion
results from advanced circuitry moving beyond more and
more people who lack the type of technical knowledge to continue.

I'd more expect the inventory to be liquidated, period.

On that basis, I'll plan to soon be stocking up on spares of almost
anything that I might need that I can't reasonably find anywhere
else and consider it a worthwhile investment.

--
Russ Edmunds
15 mi NW Phila

AM: Modified Sony ICF2010's (2) barefoot w/whip
FM: Yamaha T-80 & T-85, each w/ Conrad RDS Decoder;
Onkyo T-450RDS; Tecsun PL-310 ( 2);
modified Sony ICF2010 w/APS9B @ 15';
Grundig G8 w/whip; modified Sony ICF2010 w/whip