Re: [IRCA] Good night last night, and going for 400 stations

Got it, and a pretty good one:

1150 KAGO, Klamath Falls OR, weak at 10:38pm (0538UT), 1000W, call (new;
phaser), 732 miles

I had to process the audio a bit to be sure, because there were a couple of
poorly-timed fraction-of-a-second fadeouts, particularly on the letter "G",
but I ended up with "The Basin('s) information station, NewsTalk 11-50,
K-A-G-O", then back into Coast To Coast.  Just my 3rd on this frequency
(KEIB, KSAL).

Thanks for the kind words Les and Martin.  I'm glad I found this list and
there has been a lot of interesting and useful stuff here.  I'm way behind
in tallying up how many hours of listening it's taken for this, although I
know that from mid-August through October, I was averaging about 15 hours
per week and that's probably still about right.  I'm on the computer for
this anyway with the RTL-SDR receiver, so when I'm sitting on a frequency
waiting for something, I can some multi-tasking.  I occasionally do
unattended recordings, but an overwhelming majority is live listening.  I'm
lucky to have few local stations and a pretty clean RF environment, except
I lose some directions on lower frequencies to QRM when I have the loop
indoors this time of year.

As far as stats:
United States 304 in 25 states
CA - 74
AZ - 57 (of 73)
CO - 29
UT - 24
TX - 23
NM - 17
ID,NV - 11
WY - 8
MT,WA - 7
OR - 6
NE - 5
KS,OK - 4
LA - 3
IL,IA,MN,MO,PA - 2
AR,ND,OH,TN - 1

Mexico 80 in 10 estados
CH - 25
BN - 22
SO - 18
SI - 7
CI,NL - 2
CS,DF,DU,TM - 1

Canada - 9 in 4 provinces
AB - 4
BC,SK - 2
ON - 1

Cuba - 5
Japan - 1
Rep. of Korea - 1

Distance (mi):
    >5000 - 2
2000-2500 - 2
1500-1999 - 8
1000-1499 - 33
 750- 999 - 39
 600- 749 - 34
 500- 599 - 63
 400- 499 - 42
 300- 399 - 59
 200- 299 - 54
 100- 199 - 36
  50-  99 - 22 (out of 24)
   0-  49 - 6 (out of 6)

Nearest miss: 600 KVNA Flagstaff AZ (65 mi), although I think I've had the
call letters on the car radio in town
Most distant: 1566 HLAZ Jeju REP KOREA (6390 mi)
Longest overland: 1060 KYW Philadelphia PA (2067 mi)
Most distant graveyarder: 1240 KODY North Platte NE (785 mi)

Including later re-logs, I've heard the call letters for almost 300 of the
stations (with 200 recordings) and nearly all of the rest are from a
combination of matching a webcast plus hearing a slogan or a distinctive
location over the air.  I continue to try to get call letters and
recordings to "upgrade" the quality of the logging of a station.  It's
still hard to imagine racking up the totals compiled by many of the people
here!

Brian Rachford - Prescott, AZ
azswdxing@xxxxxxxxx
http://azswdxing.wordpress.com/