Re: [IRCA] KHNU-620 Hilo HI

Gone are the days of the thriving "KIPA". First logged on 1110 back in the 60s, later on 620. A very popular AM station along with KPUA 970 and later 670. But with the advent of KIPA being sold, changed calls, and a lot of other stuff through the years, the station does not have the popularity it once had. I visited KIPA back in 1988 with Ginny Boehnke (Chuck's wife) worked they. Buddy Gordon (owner)was a neat guy. The station had a lot of near Hawaiian music on there.

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager