Re: [IRCA] First new MW log of 2015

Message: 7

Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 19:34:07 -0800

From: "Paul B. Walker, Jr." <walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx>

                International Radio Club of America
<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: Re: [IRCA] First new MW log of 2015

<CADC3Yg1K3ZLhQvMsLEmLmf35Z8NEyP4LdYK6qt50_An2K_i1Rg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey now, we haven't totally lost sign offs...well, sorta.

When I was at WQMA 1520 Marks, MS I did this sign off live each night:

http://onairdj.com/WQMASignOffOctober2003.mp3

In fact, this is an off air recording.. sounds overloaded because the radio
recording it was 200 feet from the tower!

I later would record the announcement with the same info given, but using
"The Price Is Right" theme song as bed music.

When I had WABV 1590 Abbeville, SC I ran this recorded sign off each and
every night at sunset:

http://onairdj.com/wabvsignoff1.mp3

Paul Walker

Paul, that WABV s/off is a gem! Love the way you used the WKRP theme-that's
you singing, right? And what a dream for DXers, with all those IDs thrown in
and a distinctive 4+ minutes of detail to report. Great stuff!

Fred Schroyer

Violonista Canhoto

Freelance Writer/Editor/Book Developer

Waynesburg, PA 15370