[IRCA] Rosined Radio Help Needed

Jim Renfrew, Clarendon NY

OK, it's cleaning day in the office/shack and I put my hands on my Eton E-1
radio for the first time in a while, and - yuck! - the thing is as sticky
as a honey jar.  Nothing was spilled on it, just seems to be ambient dust.
The screen is clean, as are the dials, but the whole case, back, front and
sides is like pine tar.  I guess this might be helpful for keeping the
radio in hand on a Newfoundland beach during a gale, or an Oregon cliff
with 50 mph winds, or leaning over the railing to null Tierra del Fuego
just so on a Falklands cruise, but not too useful otherwise!  I tried a
glass cleaner, then alcohol, and nothing seems to be working.  Has anyone
else run into this?  And what would work to clean it?  Soaking the whole
radio in bleach overnight?  Sandblasting?  Muriatic acid?  High SPF cocoa
butter?  Help!  And thanks!