[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, December 19-25, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and publications
in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting sugust 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page29

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

** NICARAGUA. 720, Dec 24 at 0431, last few bars of a national anthem, vaguely familiar, then off. With WGN weakened and nulled. I bet it`s YNA3RC, R. Católica --- yes, then looked up in WRTH 2015 and it`s one of the stations still listed with a schedule, odd sign-off time of 0430, and a YouTube of the NA matches well enough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_oppAlORos
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1753, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 960, Dec 21 at 0600-0605 UT, Fox-hole dead-air of KGWA Enid checked with tight null: tonight it`s inhabited by Spanish romantic song, 0601 choral NA, 0602.5 XEK Nuevo Laredo ID, more romx past 0605 when KGWA modulation cuts back on. Making fast SAH with the KGWA carrier (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 1060-, [slightly on the lo side] Dec 19 at 0230 UT I`m looking for the new XERDO in Reynosa, Tamaulipas, as reported by KAZ. There is a bigsig dominating with romantic music in Spanish, ``cada canción``, but it`s E/W, not N/S; and 0233 ID as ``KXPL [letters pronounced in English], Radio El Paso-Juárez, con su música, toda A-M``, then ranchera. However it disappears abruptly at 0234.4*. It is *supposed* to be a 10-kW daytimer-only. Official FCC sunset for it in December is 0000 UT (January: 0030 UT). It does have a PSSA of a hefty 7 watts! But in December that would last only until 0200 UT.

1060, as soon as KXPL goes off, I can now get a weaker SS station from the N/S at 0234 UT Dec 19; SHVA exclaims ``10-60, la estación de todos``, but heavy QRM. This may well be XERDO. [Yes! See below]

On NRC-AM, Neil Kazaross, IL, reported Dec 17: `` For the past couple of nights I'd noted a signal on the high side of 1060 in Spanish and since XEEP was also noted as usual and since KIJN had been noted running all night earlier in the season, I didn't pay any attention to it. Last night it was quite strong and certainly didn't sound like religious Spanish programming, and wasn't XEEP so I paid more attention to it. My Perseus measured the frequency as 1060.076.

At 0400 UTC I recorded a nice ID with calls and "La Raza" slogan and 7000 watts mentioned and an address in Reynosa.

There's some differences in where this is actually located shown on various sites, but this site says Reynosa. http://www.mpm.com.mx/?r=radio/view&id=9736003F-3B3B-A79A-8618-7CCA15F69578

Anyhow, their move from 1450 licensed to Matamoros is complete and I expect this station to be widely heard. 73 KAZ Barrington IL Perseus and Phased DKAZ antennas with the beam steered about WSW.``

Barry McLarnon, Ottawa, Ont., replied, ``I've also noticed this signal recently, producing a "hum" on the high side of KYW, which was being backgrounded by XEEP. Two nights ago, I measured the carrier frequency to be 1060.0774. Not much chance for audio given my local noise woes, but it's nice to know what it is anyway. Barry``

At 0325 UT Dec 18, Kaz replies again: ``Trivial to log XERDO again tonight with grupera music and seemingly an ID after every song. "La Raza, Mil Sesenta, La Estacion de Todos." 73 KAZ Barrington IL Perseus and phased array of two DKAZ with the main beam steered roughly WSW. .. i.e. "Toto, I think we are back in Kansas." 1340 KGGS Garden City noted again etc.``

That clinches it for me as I heard the same slogan. Altho XERDO on 1060 from Reynosa instead of 1450 from Matamoros changed too recently to make it into the IRCA Mexican Log or the WRTH 2015, it was already reported more than a biweek ago by Greg Hardison. At the time I did not realize it was newly on 1060:

``I've been plying a remote receiver in New Orleans, during middle-of-the-night spare time, and note this morning (Dec 2) that WLNO/1060 is off the air, shortly after 0700 UT. Frequency without local consists mostly of a battle between Ranchero XERDO, and the much more entertaining XEEP; one of whom seems to be somewhat off frequency, creating a half-buzz SAH. WLNO's woes seem financial in nature, affecting owner Communicom Corp. of America, also ex-owner of KXXT/1010 and KXEG/1280 in Phoenix. Both of the Arizona outlets were noted up & running during a visit starting Nov 20; FCC website lists new owners for those two.  Very 73z -- GREG HARDISON``

The MPM listing of it on 1060 linked above was last updated on October 16. Also says transmitter site is Vallehermoso, Tamaulipas, which is SW of Matamoros, further from the border, but also further from Reynosa. Cantú has it on 1060 as 7/2.5 kW, but nombre as ``La Radio`` and location as Matamoros, not Reynosa.

1060, at 0235 UT Dec 19 I am now getting a Spanish music station from E/W, but it`s praise music, keywords such as ``redentor``, ``bendición``, so it`s obviously the usual KIJN Farwell TX cheater, which earlier had been overcome by KXPL.

1060, at 0239 UT Dec 19 back aiming N/S, Spanish station is not // 6185 XEPPM, so at the moment it must again be XERDO (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1753, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1170, Dec 23 at 0136 UT, hoarse Spanish gospel huxter conversing with a better-voiced one, surprisingly dominant N/S with KFAQ Tulsa E/W easily nulled, except for a SAH of 112/minute = 1.87 Hz. Must be XERT Reynosa, Tamaulipas, supposedly a 5 kW daytimer. I am also getting Spanish on 1190, and from the San Juan/McAllen station on 1210. Conditions rather auroral.

At 0142, 1170 talkers say they are ``ubicado a 1868 Norte Raúl Longoria, aquí en San Juan, Texas`` [not Tejas, where there are no 1170s at all]. San Juan is the closest trans-riverian town to Reynosa. Plug special Wed service at 7 pm (Xmas eve), more info from 956-702-3211 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. UNIDENTIFIED, 1190, Dec 23 at 0144, Spanish discussion of navidad and niños, while I am getting 1170 XERT and 1210 KUBR; dominant N/S but with fast SAH. Could be Contacto 1190, Monterrey, previously logged, or XEWK Guadalajara; Tampico, or Orizaba, but my first choice would be cultural XEXQ San Luis Potosí which once upon a time was on SW 6045 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1220, Dec 23 at 0146, Spanish from N/S, YL chatter mentions Antena Radio, i.e. an IMER station so I check 1570 XERF for //, and so it is, except XERF is running about a semisecond behind, satellite feed delay. So 1220 of course is XEB in the DF, allegedly 100 kW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---