Re: [IRCA] IRCA DX Monitor on DVD Wonderful!!!!

See Phil...you mention it and the orders are lining up...hi. But in all seriousness the collection of the DX Monitors from the beginning is priceless. You cannot put a price of great memories.  I have been at the dials for 52 years and it has been one amazing 5+ decades. To top to off...let's see...two things come to mind, the 9 kHz plan in 1978 that gave us the chance to log many many catches from countries we would have never had a chance to hear. I remember reading back in the 70s, the easiest countries to log on MW. India was considered nearly impossible at that time. Indians then, most were low power on MW and on the 10 kHz plan, but still we DXers proved that to be wrong after they moved to 9 kHz. I still remember well logging that UNID on 864 and one of John Bryant's student's understook the language and that got a report out and that QSL from Shillong in NE India.  Of course in the article countries like Bangladesh or Nepal were not even considered. Then of course the X Band. I first time I had logged New Jersey other than a NYC transmitter site, not one NJ but two on the X Band. It was fun while that lasted.  Going back and re-reading that catches that everyone heard at the time is a lot of fun.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager