[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, November 14-20, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page28

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

** MEXICO. 610, Nov 14 at 0731, ``full`` ID but all I can catch is an FM in the 105s, on to Mexican music. #1 suspect is XEBX Sabinas, Coahuila, but neither IRCA nor Cantú show any FM frequency for it, and no 105+ for any 610 station. Cantú`s link to XEBX site
http://www.grdradio.com.mx/laprimera.html
doesn`t work either. Yet, searching for own website soon finds it at
http://www.radioxebx.com/
which is now primarily 105.9 ``La Primera`` with 610 only a doomed AM-pendage. This is certainly the trend for more and more Mexistations --- get `em while you can. XEBX homepage (should that really be XHBX??) also displays the ubiquitous Kim Kardashian oily big-ass nude photos, here courtesy vozenred.com (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710-, Nov 15 at 0708, that annoying comes-and-goes off-frequency low audible heterodyne is back as the Chihuahua state anthem is playing, i.e. XEDP Ciudad Cuauhtémoc, allegedly 7/0.1 kW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710.0, Nov 16 at 0710, choral Mexican NA, NE/SW, no het and followed by some song, not the Chihuahua anthem, so is this still XEDP? If so, it would be using the on-frequency transmitter and skipping the usual anthem. Could be from one of the four other states on UT -7 in winter: Sonora, Sinaloa, Nayarit, BCS. On 710 that would be: XEPS Empalme, XEBL Culiacán, or XERK Tepic, respectively (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 750, Nov 16 at 0622, with KAMA El Paso nulled, I hear same music as on 890 (altho with only one receiver handy, DX-398, cannot // them for certain). R. Progreso is also here, 10 kW in Palmira, Cienfuegos (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 840, Nov 16 at 0620, Cuban music, with WHAS not audible. No doubt it`s 10 kW in Santa Clara, for which WRTH shows the name as Radio CMHW, but the callsign as merely CME --- is that correct? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 890, Nov 16 at 0617, `Club de la Madrugada` musical program, announcement that this date is an anniversary of something, imagine that. WLS is totally nulled and inaudible, and no Spanish competition either from the RGV; by nulling Cuba I can barely hear WLS. (Yet other Chicago and northerly signals are not weakened, strange propagation). The 890 Cuban is listed as 200 kW R. Progreso, in Chambas, Ciego de Ávila (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1510, Nov 16 at 0128, still tracking the Spanish station here, now fairly good with WLAC easily nulled. Ad with a .mx URL, 0129 SEP PSA so it`s definitely Mexican; website in www and what must be a full ID but just can`t copy it. I normally don`t record while DXing as that will just add to the post-session reviewing I don`t have time for, but should do so in this case. On to EZL music and at 0132 `Pink Panther` theme. As usual, suspect XEQI Monterrey. New IRCA Log has it as a 10 kW, 24h daytimer, `La Nueva Radio` with FM 102.1 --- copying that frequency announcement alone would clinch it (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1510, Nov 19 at 0125, now I`m all set to record the regular half-hour break of the unID thought to be XEQI in Monterrey --- The Radio Shack Desk Top Digital Recorder patched into the DX-398. O, no! Just being turned on not yet recording, the device puts noise on this and other MW frequencies! No good for weak signals. I had used it before with no problem on SW, but it also messed up some FM DX recordings. Ain`t the digital world great? Anyhow at 0129 with WLAC nulled, the Spanish station is running a PSA or ad with a .mx website. So will have to keep trying or revert to an analog cassette tape recorder (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---