[IRCA] Possible TP carrier this morning

(RTL-SDR dongle, Ham It Up upconverter, 6-foot diagonal loop)

I'm not usually DXing that that infernal hour, but this morning roughly
between 1215-1245 UT (5:15-5:45pm MST), I had what I presume was a
legitimate intermittent carrier on 774.  It nulled properly with my loop
for it to be Japan, and at best was 10-15dB above background.  A lot of
splash from 770 KKOB, but at times the 774 carrier was quite clearly
distinguishable on the display as not being part of KKOB.  Might have been
strong enough for audio if KKOB wasn't there.  Need a backside null (or a
phaser) to do this right.

(The real catch of the morning was that 1700 XEPE was broadcasting an open
carrier, so I was able to get enough clues to log KKLF, and also was
getting a sports station which was probably KVNS.)

Brian Rachford - Prescott, AZ
azswdxing@xxxxxxxxx
http://azswdxing.wordpress.com/