[IRCA] Fwd: W5KUB Live Webcast of Arduino for Ham Radio

--- Begin Message ---
This came to the website...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:     W5KUB Live Webcast of Arduino for Ham Radio
Date:     Mon, 27 Oct 2014 21:45:52 -0500
From:     W5KUB Broadcast <wa5kub.video6@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     Tom Medlin <wa5kub.video6@xxxxxxxxx>

*Live Webcast*

*Arduino for Ham Radio*

Please join us for a special webcast featuring our special guest, Glen
Popiel, KW5GP, author of the newly released ARRL publication, /Arduino
for Ham Radio <https://www.arrl.org/shop/Arduino-for-Ham-Radio/>. /This
event will be webcast from W5KUBâs personal ham shack on Thursday,
October 30^th at 8:00 PM CT (0100 UTC). Arduino devices are powerful and
inexpensive microcontrollers,and they are an easy way for ham radio
operators, students, and professionals to create devices that interact
with their environment using sensors and actuators. Glen will discuss
Arduino and its many applications. Glen will show and demonstrate
projects from his book.  He may even bring some surprise projects not in
the book.  Glenâs projects include:

Random Code Practice Generator

Talking GPS/UTC Time/Grid Square Indicator

CW Beacon and Foxhunt Keyer

Iambic Keyer

Fan Speed Controller

Waveform Generator

Digital Compass

PS/2 CW Keyboard

Weather Station

Field Day Satellite Tracker

RF Probe with LED Bar Graph

Azimuth/Elevation Rotator Controller

Solar Battery Charger Monitor

CW Decoder

On-Air Indicator

Lightning Detector

Talking SWR Meter

CDE/Hy-Gain Rotator Controllers

To join the webcast go to _http://W5KUB.com <http://w5kub.com/>_where
the fun begins!  For the first time, there will be a telephone line for
viewers to join the webcast.  Viewers can ask questions or discuss their
own Arduino projects.  During the live webcast, viewers can chat with us
or other ham radio operators from around the world.

Viewers can win prizes, including autographed /Arduino for Ham Radio/
books and some Arduino items donated by Glen Popiel.  To be eligible for
prizes, you must have a registered chat room login account on W5KUB.COM
<http://w5kub.com/>.  If you donât already have a login, go to âW5KUBâ
and click on âLive Events and Chat Roomâ where you can either log in or
set up a new user account.  This year over $10,000 in prizes have been
awarded to viewers of our webcast!  Of course, no purchase is necessary
to win a prize because we donât sell anything!!  W5KUB is not affiliated
with any products or companies.

Following Arduino, our guest will be John Amodeo, NN6JA, Producer of
ABCâs hit TV show /Last Man Standing/ featuring Tim Allen.  John will
provide an update of the recent K6H Special Event.

Please join our group on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/w5kub/for more details and to keep up
with our webcasts.

Also, please help spread the word by posting this announcement in
Facebook and forwarding this message to your ham radio friends that may
not have received this message!

73

Tom Medlin, W5KUB

http://w5kub.com <http://w5kub.com/>