[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, October 10-16, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page26

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E-W longwire as specified

UNIDENTIFIED. 702, Oct 10 at 1235 UT, JBA carrier; usual suspect is 2BL Sydney, Australia; nothing on the higher-latitude NHK frequencies. Sunrise today 1234 UT (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific carrier search, Oct 16 at 1224-1226 UT: JBA carrier on 702, presumed 2BL, Sydney, Australia, and also one on 774 which loops west too rather than NW, so suspect it`s another 50 kW DU, 3LO Melbourne, rather than 500 kW JOUB Akita, Japan. One more JBA carrier, on 882, hard to DF, but there are no DUs more than 5 or 10 kW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 740-, Oct 10 at 0143 UT, again the rumbling het from off-frequency Mexican, with KRMG Tulsa nulled as precisely as possible, I hear Spanish mentioning a .mx website, but nothing more as KRMG fades up and XE fades down. At 0153 UT, I am hearing English instead with KRMG nulled, probably remnant of KTRH Houston. Will keep trying to get an XEQN Torreón ID as probably the source (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 740-, Oct 16 at 0637, LAH peaks NE/SW, i.e. XEQN Torreón, Coahuila, rather than XECAQ, Cancún, Quintana Roo, assuming it`s one of the two R. Fórmula outlets listed. But the major signal on 740 now is KTRH with `Coast to Coast` rather than KRMG. Why a station as close as Coahuila would want to be or could be in the main lobe of 50 kW KTRH Houston is beyond me (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 870, Oct 10 at 1230, rustic band music, no doubt XETAR, Guachochi, Chihuahua; yes, ID at 1231 also mentioning FM, but frequency uncaught. This must be new as no FM for it in IRCA, WRTH or Cantú; but all Mexican AMs are being forced to add FM with the intention of closing down AM in the near future. But nothing about FM via CDI website, nor in general Google search, nor trying putative corresponding callsign of XHTAR. Maybe I misheard; further monitoring needed. 1232 announcements about Chihuahua, but WWL is fading back in (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGST) see also USA : KHAC 880

** MEXICO. 1100, Oct 10 at 0619, I am getting Spanish with WTAM nulled, peaking southwestish, ID by SHVA as `Radio Cañón, 90.algo FM``. Per last year`s IRCA Log and Cantú, it`s XETGO in Tlaltenango, Zacatecas, 5000/400 watts, with FM on 90.1 (and no other 1100`s with FMs in the 90`s). WRTH agrees except for night power as 500 watts (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1300, Oct 16 at 1254, Radio México Noticias, about Juárez and Chihuahua, as XEP holds up well after sunrise; underneath I`m hearing Gounod`s `Ave Maria`, so surely a Catholic station; see UNIDENTIFIED (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1510, Oct 14 at 0129 UT, with WLAC nulled, music, outro in Spanish mentions corazones, tentative phone number 1-800-20-20-25-15, fading into QRM from something in English. Again suspect XEQI Monterrey, with 50 kW day power. Cantú says about it:
``1510 XEQI  La Nueva Radio
Programas culturales, educativas.
50,000 watts solo de día
Transmisor: Escobedo, N.L.
Grupo Radio Nuevo León``
And Cantú`s website link appears to be under construxion,
http://www.radionuevoleon.com.mx/
quite an elaborate animation including coal-mining, with a countdown in English from 77 days which is approximately New Year`s (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---