[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, October 3-9, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page27

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified, separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 1210, Sunday Oct 5 at 1226 UT, `Lutheran Hour` is wrapping up with phone 1-855-JOHN316 ---- wow, what a catch that phone number is, and website http://lutheranhour.org  Probably KGYN Guymon, but straying from their US Country format. So I seek out all US stations carrying LH show via
http://www.lhm.org/broadcastresult.asp
and from the huge list, find three on 1210, WILY Centralia IL and WSBI Nashville TN, both at 9 am CT Sundays --- and KGYN Guymon OK but supposedly at 10:30 am! (1530 UT). (BTW, COL for WSBI is really Static TN --- what a great place for a radio station!) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1530, Oct 4 at 0125 UT, Mexican music is dominating from E/W, suspected 5 kW direxional daytimer, KXTD Wagoner (Tulsa market); long song of romantic nature past 0131 UT; 0132 UT fading but ``¡Que Buena!`` canned slogan by super-hype voice actor, and promos for programs. So cheating again as way past official October sunset of 2345 UT (November: 2315). Best with KCNM Colorado nulled, another cheater, and making SAH of about 7 Hz with it; see U S A entry. WCKY? Forget it! (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1530, Oct 4 at 0609 UT, Mexican music mainly, no doubt Tulsa daytimer KXTD Wagoner still cheating; not much from KCMN CO this time, but BS on WCKY audible underneath.

1530, Oct 5 at 0125 UT, again Mexican music is dominating, from E/W, 0126 UT ``La Que Buena, en el 15-30 de su radio``, well after sunset so KXTD still cheating. No KCMN audible now either (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 1530, Oct 5 at 0544 UT check, for a change, no Mexican music from KXTD cheating, nor classic rock from KCMN cheating; nothing particular in the mix of QRM, not even WCKY at the moment. And what about KLBW New Boston TX, another 1530 daytimer reliably cheating a few weeks ago? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===================

** U S A. 670, Oct 7 at 0603 UT, ``Hog Call Sports Radio``, stronger than WSCR easily nulled about 5 Hz SAH away, i.e. KHGZ Glenwood AR, which the 2014-2015 NRC AM Log reconfirms is supposed to be a 5 kW ND daytimer ONLY. Does WSCR care? Of course not! Just so clear-channel WSCR can cover to the city limits of Chicago --- and anyway, KHGZ is also on a CBS sports radio network tho not/never? // WSCR (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 880, Oct 7 at 0558 UT, SRN `News`, 0559 UT KHAC weather for Window Rock etc., as this Tse Bonito NM station continues to cheat with 10 kW ND day power and pattern. Nothing on 770 from 50 kW KKOB, nor on 660 from 50 kW KTNN, just KSKY Dallas. With KRVN nulled on 880, KHAC still has a fast SAH from some musical station, maybe opposite Cuba, 12 kW R. Progreso in Mantua PR (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 920, Oct 5 at 1220 UT, some local commercials all with 828- phone numbers and no area code necessary; figured it might be my nearest, KLMR Lamar CO (which reaches into NW OK in daytime, as far as Woodward but not quite Enid), but no: ``News-talk 920, KVEL``, i.e. Vernal, Utah.

I`ve heard it a few times before: gets out well on SRS. KVEL is 5/1 kW U2. Night pattern is supposed to go mostly northeast, not southeast, while day pattern is ND: draw your own conclusion (inaudible KLMR must still properly be on its N/S reduced power night pattern). 828- chex out as an exchange in Vernal, altho not for the 2014y NRC-AM Log-listed KVEL phone itself (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1060+, Oct 7 at 0234 UT, KIJN Farwell TX making its usual fast SAH against anything else, but open carrier/dead air. This 10 kW direxional ``daytimer`` often modulates at night too with Spanish preaching and gospel music. I was checking for XEEP DF [see MEXICO] which is also off-frequency to hi side.

1060+, Oct 7 at 1306 UT, typical fast SAH from KIJN but now hearing preacher in English ``must be born again`` instead of ``hay que renacerse`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1742, DX LISTENING DIGEST) see also UNID 1060

** U S A. Since I have seen no reports from anyone else about KGNO, 1370, 5/0.23 kW U1, Dodge City KS being off the air (or greatly reduced power), as I have been unable to hear it now at three different daytime locations in Oklahoma, I check the FCC info on it,
http://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/amq?list=0&facid=37130
and no, as of UT Oct 4, nothing recent in Correspondence Folder, nothing about an STA to be off the air or whatever. Furthermore, it`s not on the list of silent stations for two months as of 2 October at:
http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/audio/newsite/docs/silentAM.html

But we know that is certainly incomplete dependent on stations themselves notifying the FCC of situations. Furthermore, it`s listed as if nothing is wrong in the new NRC AM Log 2014-2015. Sept 13 was the date I first suspected it missing as in DXLD 14-38. I have now e-mailed Rocking M Radio corp HQ in Manhattan inquiring. The group, logo brand-style rocking-M, not to be confused with rock music formats, now owns 20 stations including AMs: KLOE-730, KXXX-790, KMMM-1290, KGNO-1370, KSMM-1470, KNNS-1510 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) No reply by Oct 9

** U S A. 1530, Oct 4 at 0125 UT, music from NW/SE, must be KCMN Colorado Springs cheating again with 15 kW instead of 15 watts at night; clashes with KXTD OK [q.v] also on late, but more or less mutually nullable, making SAH of ~7 Hz with it. 0130 UT ``Good times and great oldies up and down the Front Range, on the I-25 Radio Network``. But some tunes I hear have a country tinge. Its official 15-watt hours are supposed to be in Oct: 0015-1315 UT; Nov: 2345-1345 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 900, Oct 5 at 1219 UT, noise level being transmitted from NE/SW; again suspect open STL feed to/from the only Mexican in that direxion, XEDP, Ciudad Cuauhtémoc, Chihuahua (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 930, Oct 8 at 1208 UT with WKY OKC nulled while it is speaking in Spanish, another SS is audible playing a corrida, making fast SAH with WKY or something; 1211 UT announcement but unreadable, just too much QRM. As last year, I am wondering if it`s KHJ Los Ángeles CA, 5/5 kW U2 with ranchera format. No other SS are known in the western USA on 930. There are no Mexicans further northwest than XESHT in Saltillo, Coahuila, and its balada format would also fit, altho it`s low-powered and pretty far from the WKY null azimuth (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1060, Oct 7 at 1306 UT, heifer prices with KIJN TX nulled, 1308 UT into music. I would guess the BIZ format of KRCN ruralish Longmont CO the best bet, altho its 50 kW ND day power is not authorized until 1315 UT in October. It also has a PSRA of 126 watts starting at 1200 UT in Oct, a big boost from night power of 111 watts. Also possible: KNLV Ord NE, 1 kW; KGFX Pierre SD, 10 kW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---