[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, September 19-25, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page26

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified, separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 1610, Sept 20 at 0518 UT, CHHA with 5-note IS, ID in English, IS again, ID in Spanish; plug an event 22 Nov 2014 celebrating station`s tenth anniversary; 0520 UT ``la canción de la semana``. IDs include callsign in each language, but slogan Radio Voces Latinas only in Spanish (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

================

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 1140, Sept 20 at 0241 UT, XEMR gospel huxter in Spanish has QRM from national ads in English, 0244 UT soft rock/soul; hard to null vs XEMR and makes 90/minute = 1.5 Hz SAH with it; 0253 UT more national ads, for IRS relief, low-T, and then: Deaconess Medical Center, 405 area code, so it`s only KRMP Oklahoma City.

I hardly expected that, a 1 kW ND daytimer, now a sesquihour after official OKC sunset in Sept of 0115 UT (Oct: 0030). Aha, FCC shows it does have PSSA (post-sunset authority) for SIX WATTS yearound, until 0245 UT in Sept. But this is no 6 watts --- and:

0525 UT recheck, KRMP is still on with a local OKC promo. Of course they run continuously on FM 92.1 translator, so it should be ``easy`` to ``forget`` to turn off the AM as required by license and law.

{Don`t feel too bad for XEMR --- it`s always cheating, supposed to be direxional away from us toward the SW at night, but always the dominant signal here}  (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1740, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1610, Sept 22 circa 1830 UT, I can now barely hear the NOAA Weather Radio relay of Wichita on WQCL720, Great Salt Plains State Park, on caradio from a quiet location in western Enid, so its coverage is about the same as the old transmitter (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1740, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

================

** U S A. 900, Sept 19 & Sept 20 around 1830 UT on caradio, still no signal from KSGL Wichita KS. It`s only 250 watts in the first place, and wasting watts on the IBOC sidebands, but must be putting out very little if any for the past more than a week (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. Re: 1680, August 1 at 0543 UT, `Clark Howard Show` fades up with caller, financial advice, again appropriate DF for KGED Fresno CA; 0558 UT ad for apocalyptic free book from an 800 number, fades for ID, 0600 UT SRN News; 0605 UT plug Dave Ramsey show at 11-2; 0606 UT resume Clark Howard. This matches the KGED sked at:
http://www.my1680.com/index.php?c=2
which now bills itself as ``More Conservative Talk Radio`` but mostly Christian during the daytime on weekends (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Hi Glenn, Sorry for the delay in responding. I was going to get back to you several weeks ago, but apparently it slipped my mind. Yes, you did receive KGED, 1680 kHz, Fresno California on August 1st, 2014 at 0543 UTC. Your report is correct. Good going. KGED operates from Fresno CA with 10 KW days and 1 KW nights, non directional. Thanks for the report. 73, (Patrick Martin, Seaside OR, KGED QSL Manager, Sept 21, via DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Patrick, Tnx. Is there an e-QSL card, or a paper QSL if I report some other way such as by postal mail? (Glenn to Patrick, via DXLD)

Glenn, I never made a e-QSL card. I used to have letterhead, but ran out of it. If I ever get more letterhead, I could send you a regular QSL letter (Patrick Martin, Seaside OR, KGED QSL Manager, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1520, Sept 20 at 0239 UT, KOKC OKC mixing with a fast SAH, but can`t make out any modulation from it. Also noted this a couple nights ago. Several stations along the Mississippi possible (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) Continue to hear this subsequently: suspect a daytimer leaving its carrier on. Can really rip up KOKC (gh)

--- End Message ---