Re: [IRCA] U.S. Punjabi stations broadcasting into Canada

Theo,

This is what I wondered, although I do not know the rules in Canada in broadcasting from Canada to a U.S. tx site.  But that went on for decades from Mexico to the U.S.
   The  Canadian station I know of that does not drop power seems to be 800 Penticton. I remember hearing them with a booming signal into Alaska back in the 60s. I doubt they were on 500w, even then. CFPR 860 is listed at 1 KW nights, but according to their CE I talked to years ago, they are allowed a full 10 KW ND 24/7. He said it had been that way since he was at CFPR and I got the idea, he had been there for a long time. This was back in the 1980's.

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager