Re: [IRCA] TP 15 Sep Victoria version

Thanks for pointing that out Gary. Still a chance though, as it appears that TAB TV did racing replays at that time, and that Trackside didn't go off until 0100 NZ time (if I have my conversion correct, 1300UT)

https://www.tab.co.nz/racing/tv-schedule.html#day=2014-9-15

I do like the idea of racing on NHK2 however. That's a cultural component that is presently missing. Actually, it's missing from Canadian radio also; perhaps I should lobby my Member of Parliament to have it introduced onto CBC.

best wishes,

Nick

Hi Nick,....>> Thanks for your detailed TP-DXing report (despite the current dreary conditions). During summer DU-DXing at the "Kiwi Cliff" (Rockwork 4, near Cannon Beach, OR), it certainly seemed liked the 828-Radio Trackside horse racing programming would wrap up by 1200 UTC, at which time the LiveSport relay of TAB-TV would take over (as per the PAL listing, for this station). I was able to get a horse racing MP3 from 828-Trackside prior to 1200 on one morning, but never after 1200. Chuck may have further comments-- he presumably made several TOH recordings on 828 during ideal Kiwi conditions during the July DXpedition. Bill W. also made several recordings on the frequency during his July trip, I believe. 73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA) ---