Subject: [NRC-AM] Disney ship
DX
From: "Ben Dangerfield"
<ben-dangerfield@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon,
September 15, 2014 9:44 pm
To: "AM DX"
<AM@xxxxxxxxxxx>

In early September my wife and I took our two
great grandsons and their
mother, our granddaughter,
on a Disney
cruise from Cape Canaveral to Cozumel,
Mexico, Grand Caymans, Jamaica,
Bahamas and back. I
took my Degen 1103 and DXed from the balcony of our
room, mostly during the day. We sailed around the north
of Cuba to Cozumel
and back south of Cuba to the
other places. Of course Cuban stations
dominated.
North of Cuba the best signal was WFFG-1300 Marathon but

WINZ-940 was strong and WTMY-1280, Sarasota was
quite good as was WKWF-1600.
In Cozumel XERB-810 was
local and XECAO, Cancun-740 super all the way to
the
Caymans. On 1180 were two Cuibans and Radio Marti. But my
biggest
thrill was logging AFRTV
Guantanamo
Bay, Cuba, just 25 watts, between Jamaica and southeast
Cuba.
Has anyone ever logged them ?
Also had
strong signals from ZNS-1 and 2 and many Miami area
stations at
this point. Failed to hear any of the
Haiti stations but I think maybe
4VEH-840 under