Re: [IRCA] Alberta TPs for 12 September 2014

On 13/09/2014 12:21 AM, Gary DeBock via IRCA wrote:
Hi Nigel,
<<<
In any case, like Nick and Chuck, I have always been amazed at your DU-DXing prowess in such a distant location as Alberta. Quite a few times on the Oregon cliffs I would make what I thought was a pretty good DU-DX reception (like 585-2WEB or 639-2CK), only to find out that you had heard it in Alberta long ago.>>>

Thanks for the kind words Gary, but there is a major difference. It would take me a decade to put together a list of stations that you manage to hear on one trip to the cliffs! Stations like 2WEB or 5CK (or the recent case of Coast on 1584) I might hear once or twice in a 5 year span, whereas you guys on the coast can hear them on a much more regular basis. Another example is Rhema on 684 which I heard (quite well actually) 3 years ago, and never since.

73,

Nigel