Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 9-10

I did my first 30 minute session -- OK, maybe 15 minutes from 1200 until
1220 UTC this AM...

Lots of good carriers and marginal audio snippets on some of the big gun
frequencies - but clearly I did not stay up long
enough to exploit the pre-dawn period.

It was basically a case of nothing to speak of. My ALA100M loop is kind of
facing exactly E-W so that might be nulling out the bulk of the TransPolar
reception.
I did note that with my current antenna set-up, CBC Vancouver on 690
actually experiences some moderate fading and phase distortion from my
location only 3 - 4 KM away from Hall-Patch and 5 KM from Salmaniw.

Might have to re-orient antenna!

Colin in Victoria - Drake R8 / Wellbrook ALA100's

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 8:10 AM, Gary DeBock via IRCA <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
Colin Newell is the Editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com - DXer.ca -
BobHarris.com |