[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 9-7

--- Begin Message ---
Hello All,

First of all, it was a great honor (honour) to join Guy Atkins in welcoming fellow die-hard TP-chasing fanatic Nick Hall-Patch to Puyallup this afternoon. Nick's visit (along with Chuck, Dave and Phil) went a long way in providing psychological assurance to Guy and I that we are still halfway normal individuals, despite our tendency to search for weak transoceanic MW signals at bizarre hours throughout the night.

This morning's TP performance was one of the worst of the young new season-- which is presumably why nobody has bothered to comment about it yet. Around 1230 the only TP managing a weak carrier here was 774-JOUB, and things didn't improve very much by 1300 (972-HLCA and the 1053-Jammer joined JOUB with weak carriers). By 1305 it was abundantly clear that the morning was a clunker, and not worth further investigation. After one full week of lackluster Asian signals the band is certainly overdue for some better propagation.

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" loopstick Tecsun PL-380 Ultralight +
15" FSL antenna

--- End Message ---