Re: [IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, July 3-10, 2014

Re: [IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, July 3-10, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
Somehow overlooked a few more logs this week in the OK division:

** OKLAHOMA. 530, July 5 at 0254 UT, even when I am much closer to Vance AFB for the fireworx, ``K530AM`` is quite weak on the portable. Must be running much less than the nominal 10 watts now, and probably no longer reaching the outskirts of OKC. Still with inane loops of PSAs about carseats for kids, what to do when a hurricane hits here (?! Not likely until sea level is 1200 feet higher), etc. (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 627, 640 and 653, KWPN Moore seems to have dropped IBOC --- while it`s hard to prove a negative without constant monitoring, it seems to me from many random bandscans mostly on caradio, that I have not heard any IBOC from this for several weeks. Before that it had been sporadic, in the daytime only. Good riddance! This comprehensive listing of IBOC
http://topazdesigns.com/iboc/station-list.html
still shows KWPN in black instead of green, also with N* for Nighttime operation? Meaning No, but --- whatever the asterisk signify (Glenn Hauser, Enid, July 4, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 780, July 5 at 0249 UT, open carrier/dead air, obviously daytimer KSPI Stillwater once again failing to turn off the 250-watt transmitter at sunset. When I null it, not WBBM but Spanish music from Mexico; when I don`t null it, other music probably from Pueblo underneath. Recheck 0530 still OC, and now inhabiting the null is WBBM, the two making a fast SAH. FCC shows KSPI`s official July sunset is the same as June, 0145 UT; August, 0115 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 780, July 6 at 0253 UT, daytimer KSPI Stillwater again with carrier still on more than an hour after legal sunset, dominating frequency by groundwave here. While awaiting fireworks show after a baseball game outside the David Allen Ballpark in downtown Enid:
http://www.w4uvh.net/fwdabp1.jpg
http://www.w4uvh.net/fwdabp2.jpg
http://www.w4uvh.net/fwdabp3.jpg
http://www.w4uvh.net/fwdabp4.jpg
http://www.w4uvh.net/fwdabp5.jpg
(Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 780, July 7 at 0559 UT, WBBM IL and with it nulled, country music, no doubt KCEG Fountain CO, but NO open carrier for a change from KSPI Stillwater OK in the opposite direxion (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---