[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, May 30-June 5, 2014

[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, May 30-June 5, 2014

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 or PL-880 with internal antenna only; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 with E/W longwire as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page23

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified, separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 2749-USB, May 31 at 0141 UT, very poor signal vs noise level with English broadcast, no doubt VAR-3 again as scheduled from ``Fundy``, Nova Scotia, wherever that really is. I keep tuning in at the time this one is on rather than one of the three other Canadian CG marine weather stations sharing the frequency. Nothing Canadian on the 54-94 MHz band today (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

====================

** OKLAHOMA. 1520, KOKC, OK, Oklahoma City – Granted STA with U2 20000/20000, transmitter/tower issues (AM Switch, NRC DX News June 9 via WORLD OF RADIO 1724, DXLD) That explains why it has sounded rather weak lately (Glenn Hauser, ibid.)

** OKLAHOMA. 1640, May 30 from 0538 past 0541 UT, open carrier/hummy dead air from KZLS.
1640, June 2 at 0604 UT, KZLS is in open carrier, dead air except for constant hum; still so at 0631 UT. Maybe STL knocked out by storm. Too much noise to pull anything else thru it, but would likely be WTNI/KBJA (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1724, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

=======

** U S A. 1530, May 30 at 0505 UT, KLBW New Boston TX is back as the dominant daytimer cheating, clear YL ID as ``KLBW The Light and KLBW.com``. KCMN Colorado Springs unheard now, but fast SAH with something. Also recheck at tune-in 0536 UT, another canned ID from KLBW, but this time by an OM as ``KLBW 1530 The Light``. Note: it`s no doubt like this all night, earlier and later; my previous logs at 0605 UT were just typical of my bedtime chex.

Todd Skaine, Woodbury MN, replied to my previous log: ``Glenn, KCMN also cheats a lot. I've also noticed that our semi-local from Shakopee [MN, KQSP 1530] sometimes stays on all night, usually with lower power. However this morning, 0510 CLT [1010 UT] they were at full power. Also another local 690 KFXN have been 24/7 at full power [500 watts, all-Hmong] for a month!`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1530, May 31 at 0145 UT, with a Heat/Pacers game nulled, presumably WCKY still on day pattern since it`s only sunset here, far from Sacramento, gospel music from NW/SE making fast SAH, and presumably from KLBW New Boston TX, the cheater I have been hearing later in the night. 0150 UT ad for solidgospel.com (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1530, June 1 at 0604 UT, not much music clearly in the mix, but 0605 UT canned ID by YL really cuts thru the QRM: ``Playing the best southern gospel music, KLBW 1530 The Light and KLBW1530.com`` as this New Boston TX 2.5 kW daytimer continues cheating (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1724, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 960, May 30 at 0501 UT during KGWA Fox-hole, once again, audible amid the QRM is somestation playing instrumental ``Let It Be`` Beatlesong. What is it?!? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

NOTE: there was no ``mostly Mexican`` MW DX to report this week

--- End Message ---