[IRCA] Recent TP DX in Seattle

Social activities kept me out late Monday and Tuesday evening, so this report will cover the past three mornings' TP DX. Here's what the SDR recorded between 1150 and 1400 UT each day.

MONDAY was a bit of a bummer, with fair audio from HLAZ-1566 and JOIB-747, plus a few snippets from JOUB-774 and HLCA-972. I can take some comfort knowing Chuck, Guy, and Nick didn't do much better.

TUESDAY was slightly improved. JOUB-774 was noted 1245 with English lessons, and a good signal that would have been understandable were it not for the electrical noise. Ditto JOIB-747, which was slightly weaker. HLAZ was in and out, but only fair on peaks. There was also some brief poor quality audio on 972, 1557, and 1575.

WEDNESDAY wasn't too bad for mid April. HLAZ-1566 was putting in good audio at times. JOIB-747, JOUB-774, HLCA-972, CNR-981, and VOA-1575 briefly produced fair audio. There were also decent carriers on 738, 756, 1053, and 1422. Most of the action was at about 1300 UT give or take a few minutes.

It would appear that Guy and Chuck picked lousy days, with better conditions after they left and Gary arrived. At least that's what my own experiences suggest.

Unfortunately, the nasty electrical noise is still here, and it's masking some of the weaker signals.

Bruce