[IRCA] Array Solutions Shared Apex Loop

I recently reported about the exceptional performance I have experienced
with the AS-SAL-30 loop. I recently deployed an AL-SAL-12 loop and have had
a week to do some comparisons between them on MW.

First of all, comparatively speaking the AS-SAL-30 takes a lot of real
estate. Erecting the mast takes a minimum of 3 people, and took me 2 weeks
to get the manpower assembled for deploying  last mast section. The
AS-SAL-12 can be deployed by one person in a small backyard lot.

After a week of A/B comparison from my QTH outside of Memphis, TN,and  as
can be expected I can report that the SAL-30 is by and far the better MW
performer. The SAL in general totally outperforms all loops or phased
verticals that I have at my disposal at all frequencies below 15 mhz.

I am a LF/MF/HF DXer, and deployed the SAL-12 for better 8 mHz+ directional
performance and for that purpose it is fantastic. For 15 mHz+ I have found
that the DX Engineering Phased Vertical Array has better performance so am
contemplating converting the SAL-12 to a SAL-20, which is reported to have
a good directional pattern to 15 mHz.

My recommendation for a MW DXer is to only deploy a SAL-12 if you do not
have the real estate for a SAL-20. If you are a LF/MF/HF DXer, the SAL-20
is the best option. If you are a LF/MF DXer and have the room, you simply
cannot go wrong with the SAL-30. It is the best antenna I have used for LF
to 8 mHz. BUT, the SAL-12 will out perform any small antenna,
antenna/phaser combo or K9AY that I have experienced.

73,
Brandon Jordan, Fayette County, TN
http://www.swldx.us

WinRadio G33DDC, WinRadio G313-e, RFSpace SDR-IQ, Icom R75, Eton E1
DX Engineering NCC-1 Phased Dual Active Verticals
Array Solutions AS-SAL-12 Shared Apex Loop
Array Solutions AS-SAL-30 Shared Apex Loop.