<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>

 Shouldn't it be CENTRAL time?

 Best wishes and 73's

 Barry  :-)

 Carlisle UK.  Lat. 54.9795N   Lon. 02.8745W
 PERSEUS, 3.7m x 10m Flag + FLG100 amp

 From: Chernos Saul <sauldx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: "irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
 <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
 "am@xxxxxxxxxxx" <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
 "amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
 <amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
 "mwdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
 <mwdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 Sent: Friday, 21 March 2014, 19:49
 Subject: [IRCA] KCKM Test tonight, WWXL tonight or tomorrow
 night

 Sorry for my earlier confusion re KCKM-1330, which as Steve,
 Paul and others
 correctly note is TONIGHT:

 KCKM-1330 Monahans TX
 Saturday March 22 (Friday night into Saturday morning)
 0101 to 0130 *Eastern* Daylight Time / 0501 to 0530
 UTC
 So that is certain. I checked with Paul Walker who arranged
 it and he confirms it.

 It's the 1450 WKXL test where I think we may have
 conflicting information -
 a few of us seem to have tried last night, without success,
 after a posting on
 at least one list, as follows - and I quote:

 ""If you heard the DX Test
 from WWXL-1450 intially scheduled for last Saturday, March
 15th, you DID NOT
 hear it. However, good news .....

 ""Regrets for the late notice, but the
 schedule of station personnel is very fluid at the moment,
 so we take what we
 can get (and are EXTREMELY grateful for the re-schedule of
 this test). For
 TONIGHT/early tomorrow morning:

 ""March 21, 2014. 12:00-1:00 PM EDT
 (0500-0600 UTC). WWXL-1450, Manchester, Kentucky will
 conduct a DX test at a
 power of 1,000 watts non-directional.""

 End of quote from last night's
 post...

 But this update has 5 fours between UTC and EDT, when there
 should be four, and there's PM that should probably be AM.

 Now, the original time and date the 1450 WKXL test was
 rescheduled
 (after the engineer couldn't make it to the site due to car
 problems) was as follows:

 WWXL-1450 Manchester KY
 Saturday March 22 (Saturday night almost into Sunday
 morning)
 11:00 to 11:45 pm Eastern Daylight Time / 0300 to 0345 UTC

 But, pending further information or a
 clarification, it would seem to make sense to look for the
 test and/or record from
 0300-0600 UTC (2300-0200 EDT) BOTH tonight and tomorrow
 night. Just to be safe.

 My best guess and
 hunch is the WWXL test will be tonight, given that no one
 who checked heard it
 last night.

 Anyhow, that's what I'll be doing. I'm not taking any
 chances
 after spending an hour in the deep snow and ice untangling
 and setting up my
 directional flag (aimed wsw).

 Despite the confusion, I'm really grateful
 to all those who have conducted, arranged and communicated
 about the tests. I apologize again for mixing up the dates
 re KCKM. Again, it's TONIGHT...

 If
 more information or a clarification comes forward, great. If
 not, so be it.

 And, please, if there's anything incorrect in here, let us
 know. I've gone thru it multiple times ...

 Now go get yer radios on!

 Saul
 Chernos
 Burnt River ON

 those of the original contributors and do not necessarily
 reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its editors, publishing
 staff, or officers

 For more information: http://www.ircaonline.org/