[IRCA] KCKM Test tonight, WWXL tonight or tomorrow night

[IRCA] KCKM Test tonight, WWXL tonight or tomorrow night

Sorry for my earlier confusion re KCKM-1330, which as Steve, Paul and others
correctly note is TONIGHT:

KCKM-1330 Monahans TX
Saturday March 22 (Friday night into Saturday morning)
0101 to 0130 *Eastern* Daylight Time / 0501 to 0530
UTC
So that is certain. I checked with Paul Walker who arranged it and he confirms it.

It's the 1450 WKXL test where I think we may have conflicting information -
a few of us seem to have tried last night, without success, after a posting on
at least one list, as follows - and I quote:

""If you heard the DX Test
from WWXL-1450 intially scheduled for last Saturday, March 15th, you DID NOT
hear it. However, good news .....

""Regrets for the late notice, but the
schedule of station personnel is very fluid at the moment, so we take what we
can get (and are EXTREMELY grateful for the re-schedule of this test). For
TONIGHT/early tomorrow morning:

""March 21, 2014. 12:00-1:00 PM EDT
(0500-0600 UTC). WWXL-1450, Manchester, Kentucky will conduct a DX test at a
power of 1,000 watts non-directional.""

End of quote from last night's
post...

But this update has 5 fours between UTC and EDT, when there should be four, and there's PM that should probably be AM.

Now, the original time and date the 1450 WKXL test was rescheduled
(after the engineer couldn't make it to the site due to car problems) was as follows:

WWXL-1450 Manchester KY
Saturday March 22 (Saturday night almost into Sunday morning)
11:00 to 11:45 pm Eastern Daylight Time / 0300 to 0345 UTC

But, pending further information or a
clarification, it would seem to make sense to look for the test and/or record from
0300-0600 UTC (2300-0200 EDT) BOTH tonight and tomorrow night. Just to be safe.

My best guess and
hunch is the WWXL test will be tonight, given that no one who checked heard it
last night.

Anyhow, that's what I'll be doing. I'm not taking any chances
after spending an hour in the deep snow and ice untangling and setting up my
directional flag (aimed wsw).

Despite the confusion, I'm really grateful
to all those who have conducted, arranged and communicated about the tests. I apologize again for mixing up the dates re KCKM. Again, it's TONIGHT...

If
more information or a clarification comes forward, great. If not, so be it.

And, please, if there's anything incorrect in here, let us know. I've gone thru it multiple times ...

Now go get yer radios on!

Saul
Chernos
Burnt River ON