[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 20 March 2014

I'm rather surprised that the reports weren't more positive from the west coast this morning. Things here were actually quite interesting. Listened (on a delayed basis) from 1257 to 1320 (I would have recorded a bit longer, but neglected to clear some space on my drive). The Japanese big guns were OK, but nothing special, except on 828 where JOBB rose to levels that I hadn't seen in 2014. Korea was strong on 1566, but also 972 was doing very well today. Even China made an appearance, with audio on 1206 and 1044. Traces of audio (with a strong carrier) on 864, and also audio traces on 1197 and 1323. Lots of carriers pretty much across the whole band, with several not far off audio (such as 837, 891, 945, 1314, and 1386) 1575 VOA could only manage traces of audio, but more interestingly a second carrier a bit low in freq was nearly as strong as VOA.
   On the other hand, zilch for TAs here tonight.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta