Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] [WTFDA] CQ and CQ Plus Situation

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] [WTFDA] CQ and CQ Plus Situation

I think Saul's comments make a lot of sense. Print/paper media of all kinds are suffering. Those who
embraced the digital world early enough were able to adapt and survive. Many of the younger generations
read about 95% in digital formats - they don't buy paper. More recently, the advent of readers has put
a larger dent into print media.

I also agree with Les that we have to acknowledge that these issues contribute to what we're seeing here.

Finally, we have to also recognize that the entire spectrum of radio hobbyists is shrinking in addition to
going more and more digital. I haven't personally bought - nor even read - any of the ham/radio hobbyist
magazines in probably a decade or more, and similarly I've been taking my club bulletins in digital format
for about as long as each club has made them available.

Print media is being hit even harder than terrestrial radio is, and I'm not sold on the idea that the CQ
publications are going to survive over the long haul as these consolidations are long overdue.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NNW of Philadelphia
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>

AM:  Modified Sony ICF 2010's barefoot
FM: Yamaha T-80 & T-85, each w/ Conrad RDS Decoder;
Onkyo T-450RDS; Tecsun PL-310 ( 2);
modified Sony ICF2010 w/APS9B @ 15';
Grundig G8 w/whip; modified Sony ICF2010 w/whip