[IRCA] TP 7 Mar, Victoria version

Vastly superior to the past little while, though I'm not sure I would go so far as Bruce did in his description. 24 January still has some very fond memories for me.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly):

594 JOAK woman in JJ then man 1336UT
1575 VoA man in SE Asian language banging in 1435UT when pretty much everything else had faded, most for good. Had been pretty good earlier as Bruce noted. Burmese program announcement at 1430UT definitely had some zip.

Reasonable audio at times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

774 JOUB KK lessons 1405UT
972 HLCA two men in KK 1238UT, heard as late as 1450UT, though not quite at this level
1503 JOUK sudden burst of strength 1420UT w/NHK1 interlude mx

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be understood by a native speaker:

738 Tahiti man in FF 1340UT
747 JOIB  KK lessons 1409UT
828 JOBB EE lessons 1248UT
1566 HLAZ man in CC 1425UT
1593 CNR1 woman in CC 1424UT; also noticed CNR1 news sounder just after 1430UT

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

954 JOKR? man and woman JJ inflection 1414UT
963 CRI chimes and fanfare at 1400UT
1017 CRI vocal mx //5965 1421UT
1053 KK jammer 1231UT
1287 JOHR? man and woman talking, JJ inflection 1236UT
1323 CRI tail end of CRI fanfare just after 1400UT
1422  JORF? woman and man talking in splash, JJ inflection 1431UT

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary"audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

756 891 909 936 945 1008 1089 1134 1179 1242 1377 1386 1512

best wishes,

Nick