To: <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2014 7:08 PM
Subject: [IRCA] Active Whips Mounted Horizontally

Forgive more of my silly questions, but here goes. I continue to try to fight, abate, and reduce local noise here in my suburban neighborhood. Deed restrictions complicate things further, since no visible outside antennas are allowed.

Would mounting the active whips horizontally have any effect on the noise that they're receiving? I notice that noise seems to generally be lower using horizontal antennas than verticals in my situation?

--
73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
Maylene, AL
EM63

Member NRC, IRCA, & Medium Wave DX Circle
Former CPC Chairman for NRC/IRCA

Perseus SDR, SDR-IQ,Funcube Pro, Wellbrooke ALA-1530+ loop, LF Engineering Active Whips,
Quantum Phaser, Kiwa Loop, Palstar MW Pre-Selector