Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 22:56:25 -0500
From: cxgy@xxxxxxxxx
To: mbugaj@xxxxxxxx
CC: mwdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [mwdx] Fwd: Fw: [NRC-AM] FW: 1710 WF2XTR

It's not just the channel 1710 kHz that WF2XTR is licensed for... it's
the band 1710-4000 kHz for GMDSS. There are occasional DGPS
experimental stations here ... such as the one at Pecan Island that
transmitted data bursts at 1715.84, 1720.84, 1725.84, etc. However
WF2XTR is licensed for voice as well as data, so who knows.

I agree with Mike. I need more than this to put Morgan City in the log.

·
WF2XTR     SOUTH CENTRAL LOUISIANA
TECHNICAL COLLEGE,
YOUNG MEMORIAL CAMPUS    0175-EX-PL-2011
New experimental to
operate in 1710-4000 kHz, 2000-27500 kHz and 156-158 MHz for testing of
Global
Maritime Distress and Safety Systems.
Fixed:  Morgan City (La Salle), LA

According to grant