[IRCA] TP 22 Jan, Victoria version

Big let down this morning. Poor from 1300UT onwards so far as I could tell....with a brief sunrise boost, including a couple of odd ones.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly):

HLAZ may have come close...

Reasonable audio at times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

1566 HLAZ man in CC 1525UT and several other instances around this time.

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be understood by a native speaker:

603 HLSA? and China? brief burst of Beatles mx trading places with weaker CC sounding talk by woman, 1540UT. Almost like some sort of VHF skip, not there, then it was there, then gone again; I checked a couple of minutes earlier, and there was a deep voiced man at poorer level, so this wasn't as out of the blue as I thought at first.

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

1314 DWXI choral mx followed by man preaching....coincided nicely with the web stream 1539-1541UT. Not much DX this morning, just good DX
1575 unID woman talking 1538UT, couldn't really guess at language
1593 CNR1 woman in CC //6175 at 1529UT
1602 NHK2 opening bars of national anthem 1540UT. Extreme minimalist DX at its finest.

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary"audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

774 972 1323 1467 1494 1503 1548

best wishes,

Nick