Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Top Ten SSS DX Targets from Mid-South

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Top Ten SSS DX Targets from Mid-South

Oops, sent too soon, that person paragraph should have read:

"Most important of all perhaps is persistence. Checking the same thing night after night after night will yield surprisingly different results, stick with it and you'll never know what turns up."

Earl Higgins
“Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”  Nelson Mandela

On , Earl Higgins <earlthenut@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What Steve Francis says is absolutely true. A difference of even a few miles can sometimes yield surprisingly contrasting bandscans. It reminds me of last spring when the 1550 station in Washington state tested. It was heard as far East and South as Memphis and I believe, Indiana, yet surprisingly not a peep here in St. Louis. I went over my recordings from the test dozens of times, definitely nothing even at the EXACT same times as others were hearing code and tones. Instead, I was getting Irvine, Kentucky and some other semi-regulars. Oh well, there's always next time, that's what makes this bizarre hobby so interesting.

Certainly, the antenna you use has even more of the bearing on what you hear. The work Kaz (and others) have done in this area has quite literally revived an almost dead hobby, read everything you can written by him and you will not be disappointed. He is also extremely helpful with answering questions. I only wish I had the land and physical ability to build some of his projects!

Most important of all perhaps

Good luck and let us know how things work out!

Earl Higgins
“Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”  Nelson Mandela