[IRCA] Winter Solstice 2013

Tomorrow is the Winter Solstice, the shortest daylight
day.

Don't forget about a daytime band
scan.

During many past years there
have been a few with excellent long distance daylight
receptions.  An example is on 1030khz.  I have
heard WBZ and WWGB fading in and out with each other at
noon.   KTWO Casper, Wyoming at 11am local,
fading for an hour and then coming back at 1pm.

We are just past the peak of somewhat calm sunspot
cycle #24.  Because of this I would
expect expect stations from further south to be
heard.

Give it a try and let everyone know what
you hear.

Tom Jasinski
Joliet, IL