[IRCA] 740 (was: "Boston's Real Jazz" WZBR 1410 on air)

[IRCA] 740 (was: "Boston's Real Jazz" WZBR 1410 on air)

On the west-null cardioid pattern antenna I run here, CHCM Marystown, Newfoundland dominates 740 at night quite often as the antenna reduces co-channel CFZM Toronto which would typically dominate on other antennas. CHCM was formerly known as CBNM when it relayed CBC-network 640 CBN St. John's. Now it relays 590 VOCM St. John's with a country format.

Marc is right, as noted below. NL has replaced NF as the abbreviation for Newfoundland-Labrador as QC has replaced PQ for Quebec. Not to mention that NU (Nunavut) is a fairly recent Canadian addition.

There are no Mexican stations that I have ever heard on 740 in nearly 55 years of listening.

Mark Connelly
South Yarmouth, MA

<<
Dan-

As far as I know, "NL" has been Canada's official abbreviation for Newfoundland/Labrador for some time now.

Marc DeLorenzo
South Dennis, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?228-DeLorenzo-s-Classic-DX

Great report, Mark, but what's NL? I don't think you meant Newfoundland, which, AFAIK, is NF and could well be what you meant. I thought NL was Nuevo Laredo (Mexico), which must be 2000 miles away. Is that what you _really_
meant? Really?

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@xxxxxxx)
eFax 1-707-215-6367