[IRCA] TP DX for Friday November 29

TP DX remains quite good here. The low end is still rather anemic, but a couple of mid-band stations were coming in quite well. I was surprised by yesterday's reports of decent low-band reception from Nick and Gary, because I had nothing like that here.

For some odd reason, most signals peaked between 1410 and 1435 today. Nonetheless, a few stations peaked at local sunrise an hour later. Chinese were down compared to yesterday, but some Japanese improved, with JOUF-1314 making a surprise appearance.

The two Nome stations were both impressive today, but the other Alaskans were missing. I've posted a clip of KICY-850 blowing off KHHO Tacoma:

http://www.qsl.net/n7ecj/KICY-850_1400_29Nov13.mp3

I recorded from 1255 to 1605 and here's what I found:

Good
780 KNOM, mixing w/KKOH "KNOM in Nome, it's 5 o'clock" 1400. Quite good o/KKOH 1428 w/temp for Nome, then native man singing followed by Fats Domino "My Blue Heaven" 850 KICY, 1400 legal ID by woman, then "Insight for Living" program, way atop local KHHO 972 KBS, almost back to its normal strength today, but only for a while. KK talk & pop songs 1409-1435 1566 HLAZ, lengthy talk by woman in Chinese 1406-1425, interrupted a couple of times by music

Fair
774 JOUB, language lesson, man in JJ, woman in EE talking about sports 1416 1044 CRI, doing unusually well today, IS/trumpets 1400, then JJ pgm, best at 1414-1435
1287    JOHK, JJ man briefly fading up 1405 , otherwise not very good today
1314    JOUF, group of women laughing and having a good time 1419.
1422    JORF, pop music, group talking in JJ 1413
1557    Chinese talk 1524, probably Taiwan
1575 VOA, mostly poor today but faded up for a while w/talk by man in SEA language 1520
1593    CNR1 good strength but really bad KLFE-1590 splatter, CC talk 1407

Poor
594    JOAK, weak talk 1325
648    VOR, woman talking 1402
693    JOAB very weak talk 1335
747    JOIB, man & woman, sounded like language lesson 1411
828    JOBB, EE lesson //774 1416
1170 KBS, weak time pips 1400. KPUG continues to be amazingly cooperative by having a couple seconds of dead air just before TOH
1179    JOOR, JJ talk 1422, possibly mixing with a second station
1206    talk 1426
1242 JOLF, weak w/distinctive electronic cuckoo & tone at TOH 1400, better 1428 w/JJ talk
1323    CRI, bits of talk 1428
1332    music 1413
1386    NHK2 time pips 1400 barely above KRKO IBOC
1503    talk, JJ-like inflections 1431
1602    NHK2, weak pips 1400, EE lessons //774 1416

Bruce in Seattle
Winradio Excalibur
K9AY antenna