[IRCA] TP 28 Nov, Victoria version

I'm glad to see the "southerners" are back at the dials, proving once again that their reception of Asiatics will trump mine any time. You should have listened on some of my good mornings, guys. Today was OK here, but not outstanding, and the lift started later than usual around 1520UT. Plus, I have a new (or revived) noise source that pretty much coincides with sunrise enhancement (a furnace controller firing up?), and really makes the north Flag useless on much of the MW band. Wipes out shortwave parallels too.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly):

774 JOUB wx report in JJ by man 1301UT; never got this loud later
1566 HLAZ two women in CC 1534UT, though this lasted at lower level until well after 1600UT, as Dennis observed.

Reasonable audio at times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

594 JOAK woman in JJ 1502UT
828 JOBB weather report //774 1301UT
1323 CRI likely w/violin mx and man in RR 1527UT
1593 CNR1 woman in CC then man 1428UT, strongest and pretty much only overseas signal on band at this time, ID'd later at lower level w/ //6125

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be understood by a native speaker:

279 R. Rossii man in RR 1341UT
747 JOIB JJ man and woman // 774 1510UT
1287 JOHR man in JJ 1529UT, but something else in there too
1557 Taiwan? male ballad 1522UT

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

891 JOHK? man talking 1520UT seemed //w/ similarly weak 594
1098 woman talking 1514UT, possibly CC?  CNR11 SW//s buried in local noise
1161 woman singing laid back mx 1525UT; Taiwan has been heard here
1476 pop mx 1538UT

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary"audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

648 972(!) 1188 1251 1422 1458 1584

best wishes,

Nick