[IRCA] AM DXing featured in the media all across China!

The Chinese official state news agency Xinhua has published several reports on AM DXing: - article in Chinese on Xinhua: http://news.xinhuanet.com/2013-11/19/c_118207586.htm - article in English: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/culture/2013-11/18/c_132898318.htm - video in Chinese on CNC TV: http://news.cncnews.cn/2013-11-18/124029576.html - video in English: http://en.cncnews.cn/news/v_show/37075_Hunting_radio_near_Arctic.shtml

A couple of Chinese websites and newspapers have earlier written about DXing based on my reception reports, but this is on a totally different scale. The Xinhua reports have in turn been published by numerous media outlets all around China. I've seen these articles on about 20 websites, for instance in the Communist Party's main paper, the People's Daily, at http://world.people.com.cn/BIG5/n/2013/1119/c157278-23592700.html, so DXing has definitely received unparalleled attention in China during the past 10 days!

Hopefully all this contributes to the promotion of DXing in China, both as a hobby and also as a way to monitor alternative news sources - which is still needed in China. As many Chinese broadcasters - despite this new PR - don't know anything about our hobby, it might be a good idea to include one of the Chinese links along with your reception report, if you're interested in getting verifications from Chinese stations.

The reports were made by a Xinhua news group driving 1,200 km from the Finnish capital Helsinki all the way to Lapland just for the purpose of reporting on DXing - and reindeer. You can read more about it in the DXpedition report from Aihkiniemi at http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/aih29rep.dx, where I've just added a few more audio clips.

73
Mika