[IRCA] Alberta TP/DU for 4 Nov 2013

I'd agree with Gary that this morning was a low-band morning, as the only audio I heard above 1000 khz was from the 1556 Korea and 1575 VOA powerhouses, neither of which sounded that impressive today. At the low end though things were more interesting, though those Chinese still seem unable to get over the Rockies. The usual Japanese big guns on 567, 594, 693, 747, 774, 828 were all doing very well today, along with the Korean on 972. Also from Japan 531 JOQG from Morioka made its first appearance of the season, as did JOIP on 639. (It amazes me that Gary could have the kind of CNR audio he posted, while the same morning I was hearing Japan with absolutely no trace of China) The NHK outlets on 702 and 729 also put in appearances. Several other frequencies had audio in the "barely there" class, and were too weak to identify. They included 558, 675, 738, and 846. Signals were rather late perking up today, with all the interesting stuff happening between 1400 and 1415.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta