[IRCA] Alberta TP/DU for 2 Nov 2013

Another good step upward today, with quite a number of TP stations heard. Started at 1330, and had Japan on 594, 774, 828, 1179, 1242(which reached its best level of the season later on),and 1287, along with Korea on 1566, and a weak unID on 1053. Most of the action happened near and even after sunrise today (which is currently at 1415. By then I also had audio on 639 (traces-unID),666 (Japan, with its best level of the season), 837 (2 unIDs), 846 (unID), 954 (Japan), 972 Korea),1134-unID (came up to audio briefly at 1401), 1224 (traces-unID), 1332 (weak, but seemed to be Japan), 1404 (unID with man speaking, too weak to ID language), and 1422 (Japan) 837 and 846 wre the most intriguing. 846 came up for a couple of minutes around 1413, but the language did not seem to be the Japanese,Korean, or Chinese which typically dominate most freqs on a TP morning. On 837 I had a chant of some type, which sounded like it may have been religious, and then that station faded under another with a man speaking. Very unusual for a frequency where I usually hear nothing. Rather an unusual morning overall, with signals where I normally here nothing (such as 837 and 1404), yet some more regular ones werent to be heard (eg. Japan 873, VOA 1575 never made audio, and Korea 972 and 1566 were below what I usually get on a good morning).

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta