[IRCA] The Supporter Report October 2013

[IRCA] The Supporter Report October 2013

November 2 2013

Dear RHF Supporter

This is a brief note to thank everyone who has made donations during
the past seven months.

At October 31 donors have contributed 71% of the funding needed to
cover the operational costs to October 31.

That's very good in these challenging times and we're immensely
grateful for the support.

We're proud to count those financial donors who care to make a
difference.

They're less than 1% of the people who use the site. They make it
possible for thousands of others to continue enjoying the features
and services for free.

As someone interested in radio, you'll know that it sounds different
today. The stations you can hear, the personalities, the music. Even
the technology is moving from AM to FM and now digital, and shortwave
is shutting down across the world.

For almost ten years, we've been collecting, protecting and
celebrating memories of radio. We've come a long way, but still have
an enormous way to go as precious memories fade away, things get
forgotten, lost or destroyed and we work against the clock to collect
memorabilia, recordings, magazines, photos and so much more so we can
research and publish intelligent and entertaining features and
provide useful services for free at www.radioheritage.net.

Since April 1 2013:
* 43% more time is spent on the website since a year ago
* 31% more returning users than a year ago
* new free and easy to use Australia and New Zealand Radio Guides
* new Retro Radio Dial features cover more of the world
* new features
* new radio features broadcast over Radio NZ International
* coming soon: Hawaii Radio Guide
* coming soon: The AM Logbook [USA/Canada] rescued from closing down
* coming soon: 25+ new features are in the pipeline

Plus, we've started very early work on transferring content to the
new WordPress based website launching in 2014. This will be a tough
job as we 'spring clean' the content, move it into a new format
feature by feature, and try and bring the whole online side of the
project into the 21st century to meet new technology challenges and
different ways of doing things in the age of social media and a wave
of interest in nostalgia and cultural history and heritage.....

You know, more than 99% of people who use www.radioheritage.net make
no contribution to it.

That seems to be the new way of the world and we have to live with
it.

Those of you who do help us are recognized on the Roll of Honor. You
are the people who make it possible for us to continue. Thank you
again.

In 2014, we hope we can find more ways to value and encourage your
support subject to being able to find merchandise and other sponsors.

This financial year we're aiming to successfully cover 85% of the
operating expenses. That means we should have reached $11,661.53 by
now, and leaves us with $1,890.23 to go. If possible, we'd like
to fund this sooner rather than later. Will you help this weekend?

* Contributing Gold = $75 year
* Sponsor = $100 year
* many other options at www.radioheritage.net/Supporter.asp

Please use your credit card today at www.radioheritage.net under the
KULA hula girl to make a contribution if it's something you're able
to do.

It's not that we enjoy regularly asking folks and we're truly
thankful for all your support in so many different ways.

We generally can't offer the numbers of people visiting the website
to make the project economically attractive to most radio station
partners, those of you who do accept what we can offer in return are
true friends.

Yes, we're still seeking out more radio station partners, and yes,
we're still knocking on business doors and putting together
proposals, especially for the five anchor partners at $4495 each that
would remove the burden and free up donations to help us reach a
bigger audience and add more features.

Have you joined us on Facebook where we post regular updates and
news and engage daily with over 700 friends? We'd love to see you
there.

With your help we'll continue moving forward to keep up with the new
things we need to do keep collecting, protecting and celebrating
radio memories.

Thanks for standing alongside us on this journey.

Warm wishes
David Ricquish
Chairman
Radio Heritage Foundation
www.radioheritage.net
The Global Radio Memories Project
Email code PW7 to be removed from this mailing list and allow 15
working days for removal by one of our volunteers. You may receive
other mailings from us in the meantime.

PS... we recently filed our annual accounts and report for the year
ended March 31 2013 with our regulator the NZ Charities Commission.
It's a publicly available document. The link is at the foot of every
page of www.radioheritage.net.

PPS...$1,890.23 this weekend will bring us up to the 85% target and
be a great encouragement to everyone.......please donate if you can.
If you've never financially supported us before, a very warm welcome!
Your donation is important to us.