Re: [IRCA] 75th anniversary

I forget where I heard the story this week, but the gist was this:
newspapers were choked at the revenues that (this new-fangled medium) radio
was stealing from it, so they (newspapers) overblew the levels of hysteria
in their reporting, in order to show radio in a bad light.

The wiki article here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Worlds_(radio)   says,

" Though there were sensationalist accounts in the press about a supposed
panic in response to the broadcast, the precise extent of listener response
has been debated. "

I am at work now on a break, will try to rack my tired brains later to see
if I can remember where my info this week came from

ef
Grover's Mill
no wait,
Vancouver BC