[IRCA] Monday night: Latin Americans + some TA's

[IRCA] Monday night: Latin Americans + some TA's

The null-north (~350 deg.) 10m vertical by 11m horizontal (base ht. 2m) cardioid-pattern SuperLoop has been proving its worth lately nulling Boston, Montreal, Manchester/Rochester/Dover/Portsmouth (NH), and Portland (ME) stations. Tonight I had WAPA San Juan, Puerto Rico often atop 680 WRKO Boston. 610 had Cuba (// big 600) slugging it out with WIOD-FL with no trace of NH. It appeared that, at least in the 600-800 kHz segment, Latin Americans were well represented.

With a flip of the switch over to the 9x15m null-255 deg. (NYC) SuperLoop, TA's popped up with usual blasters such as France on 945 making a good showing. In general, the lower end of the MW band had most of the interesting stuff. Excessive congestion of domestics in the 1220-1600 range tended to make that part of the dial less interesting at least at 10 p.m. EDT / 0200 UTC when I checked. Local sunset (5:30-6 p.m. EDT range these days) is when the frequencies above 1200 kHz seem most productive.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA