[IRCA] TP DX for Tuesday October 1

Conditions here were down a bit from yesterday. There were quite a few stations to be heard, but the big guns were weaker than normal, and the rest were mostly near their normal signal strength.

603 continues to amaze me for its total lack of audio here. Gary for some reason keeps getting amazing receptions there like the one he posted this morning, but I seldom hear more than a carrier. Oddly enough, the carrier is about as strong as JOAK-594 many mornings; but it just doesn't produce anything.

On the other hand, the 819 North Korean managed to slip past KGNW today with a few minutes of reasonably good audio. I may have also gotten audio on 1089 next to my 50kw local, but it may have been my imagination. The mystery 891 Chinese station was back again, but it was way too weak to offer clues about its identity, except possibly the time pips at 1400.

A few Alaskans were heard as well, including both Nome stations.

Good
747 JOIB, CC lessons 1338, seemed to be repeating basic one syllable sounds rather than having actual conversations
750    KFQD, atop for a few minutes 1323 w/local news and IDs
981 CNR1 CC woman at decent level 1334. Still there 1400 with time pips, TC and ID

Fair
567    JOIK, 3+1 pips 1300, m&w //594 1309
594    JOAK, 1300-1400, signal below normal, fair at best today
640    KYUK?, unintelligible anmt 1300, then start of NPR news
670    KDLG? BBC nx o/u KBOI 1304, too weak to hear ID at 1300
693    JOAB, weather report 1303
774    JOUB, weaker than normal today, best at 1332 w/CC lesson //747
819 DPRK, strident talk cutting through KGNW-820 splatter 1320, then fem vocal music. 850 KICY, Christian song, 1300 woman:"serving Hooper Bay, Little Diomede and all of Western Alaska, this is KICY Nome" mixing w/KHHO 890 KBBI, woman w/legal ID for KBBI & an FM in Kenai-Soldotna, then marine weather 1400 after CJDC mostly faded out 945 CNR1, one set of pips at 1300, then another set ending at 1300:10. CC talk, then standard ID 1300:45. KJR was being relatively mellow at the time.
963    CRI, RR talk 1340, still there 1400 w/IS and usual trumpet fanfare
972 KBS not its usual self today, noticeably weaker than normal, best at 1312 with woman in KK 1017 CRI, usual opening w/IS, fanfare, IDs in CC & KK, then what sounded like news in KK
1053    jammer
1566    HLAZ down noticeably today, JJ talk 1314
1575 VOA, in briefly w/m&w in Vietnamese, ments of Washington & United States, otherwise just weak audio or a carrier

Poor
585    JOPG, bits of talk, 3+1 pips 1300
639    CNR1, CC talk and BoH time signal in KCIS splash 1330
648    CC talk in domestic splash 1335
657    DPRK time pips & bits of talk 1300 in domestic splash
666    JOBK time pips 1300
738    CC talk 1338, man & woman
756    China today rather than Japan.  CC talk and BOH time signal 1330
780    KNOM, partial ID "..in Nome.." u/KKOH 1300
828    JOBB CC lessons 1338
837    excited CC talk 1406
891 CC talk 1340. 5+1 pips, all the same pitch 1400, mixing with faint CC talk. Probably all from the same stn but not sure. 1035 CNR1 CC talk 1359, pips at ToH, more talk, all rather weak. 3 carriers visible on SDR display 1089 carrier poking well above 1090 splatter today. Possibly some audio (talk) 1341, although I can't totally rule out wishful thinking 1170 Partial KBS pips u/KPUG 1300, then another set of pips ending 1300:20 at least two short ones and a higher pitched long one. The latter was likely from China. 1179 Melodic female talk in KOFI splash 1325, language sounded more like CC than JJ
1206    weak talk 1348
1287    weak talk 1318
1323    RR talk 1342
1476    faint talk 1330